Friday, February 27, 2009

Andrew's Words

Andrew stood up after his father said the homily and unexpectedly shared some words of his own... I really appreciated what he had to share.

These are the pieces of a broken heart

A pacifier that I've carried in my pocket since I lost you

Your smell on your clothes that your mother cannnot bear to wash

Your empty place in the center of our car

A fragile weight missing from my arms

Black and white and red and yellow cards I made all night for you with your mother

Your ageless face in pictures saved to show your brothers and sisters and neices and nephews, my children and grandchildren

Lessons you taught me to teach them

A gentle beauty past wires and tubes, needles and blood

1 comment:

Dalene said...

What moving words from a father to his son. Thanks for sharing.