Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Asa's Autopsy

Maybe a week and a half ago, we first heard Asa's preliminary autopsy results. It would appear that he didn't die of a heart attack like we thought. I guess the general feeling is that it was neuro, a seizure or a stroke, something in the cortex of the brain. His brain was small, which means that he probably would have had mental retardation. Its that last part that got to me. He was doing everything that a 5 and a half week old kid should do... and its all speculation. There is no way of knowing exactly what his capabilities would have been, but it really bothered me when they said that he would have had MR. So anyways, I asked what the final autopsy results would tell us, I was told that pretty much previous findings will either be confirmed or not. So basically, Asa had a neurological incident that affected the respiratory center of Asa's brain and so he stopped breathing.

1 comment:

Dalene said...

I'm so sorry, mama. It's so hard not knowing and having unanswered questions. The reason that my son died in labor is a mystery...maybe a cord accident because everything else was ruled out. But we'll never know for sure.